life and living annuities
Do you have life or living annuities left in South Africa? If you have, it’s important to take a look at your options and what you can do as a South African living abroad. Let cashkows.com give you an overview.
What is a living annuity?
Living annuities are retirement investment products which offer you an income from your retirement savings. With a living annuity, you choose your income level as well as investments. It offers greater flexibility than normal retirement investments, but also higher risk.
What is a life annuity?
A life annuity is similar to a living annuity but differs in one respect. Under these annuities it is important to determine the best time for annuitisation. Once annuitised, there is no chance of the beneficiary outliving their money as the pension is guaranteed for life, it therefore has higher initial risk, but lower long term risk. No changes can be made to the income or investment after the fact.
What can South Africans living abroad do with their annuities?
Options are quite limited. The income level and payment frequency in respect of a living annuity can be adjusted within fixed parameters. Policy surrender is possible in certain situations where investment values fall below specific thresholds.
How does it work?
cashkows.com will deal directly with your insurer to make all the necessary endorsements to your annuities or determine whether you qualify for encashment.
What are the fees?
Our initial consultation to you is cost-free and includes a quotation for our services. Fees are fixed and payable only on successful completion of the job.
Why choose cashkows.com?
We offer a full suite of financial services for South African emigrants at better rates than commercial banks with optimal payouts over a shorter period than other providers, and everything’s fully compliant.
- speed: using our services means you’ll have your money faster
- cost: no up-front payment required
- compliance: we’re a licensed financial services provider and SARB approved foreign exchange intermediary
- expertise: our team includes certified international financial planners, lawyers, chartered accountants, tax specialists and bankers providing expertise in all areas of cross-border finance
- confidentiality: your information remains private and is protected by the strictest security measures
- convenience: we take care of the whole process, provide signature ready, completed documentation and all our services can be rendered remotely
- value: we provide highly competitive exchange rates
- efficiency: we boast a 100% success rate with over 15 000 clients in 80 different countries.
If you’re interested in cashkows.com services or need more information, simply leave your details, and we’ll call you!
Get a FREE assessment
Leave your details to get started
I recently had a great experience with CashKows and the transfer of my SA retirement annuities to Ireland. CashKows also offered to submit a closing tax return to SARS.Mike Louw