Moving overseas to start a new life is a costly affair; chances are you’ll need every cent to facilitate a smooth transition and fund all those necessities.
You may need money to pay for shipping of goods left in South Africa, or to buy new appliances, a new car or even a house. Along with all the administrative hassles, you shouldn’t bear a financial burden if you still have money tied up in policies back home. But often the process of claiming and transferring funds is quite complicated, and not everyone’s aware of their rights or the correct route for policy surrender.
cashkows.com can assist you with your policy transfers, claims and enquiries in South Africa. Depending on the type of policy you hold, the amounts and certain other conditions, we will advise on a route to transfer your funds offshore and enjoy a financial boost to build your new life.
cashkows.com can assist you with:
- financial planning in your new home
- surrendering retirement annuities, preservation funds and similar pension products
- surrendering other insurance products with an investment value
- full financial emigration solution and transfer of retirement annuity funds offshore before age 55
- acquiring and submitting claims or other administrative documents to insurers, SARS, SARB and banking institutions
- tax refunds and exemptions relative to the surrender of certain policies
- tracing pensions held with previous employers and fund administrators
- cancellation of cessions
- amending debit order payments for retained policies
- changing legal ownership of unit trust investments
- nominating, changing or contacting beneficiaries on policies
- death claims and testament services
Policy types include the following:
- Retirement annuities
- Pension, provident and preservation funds
- Life policies
- Life and Living annuities
- Endowment policies
Why choose cashkows.com?
We offer a full suite of financial services for South African emigrants which ensures optimal payouts over a shorter period than other providers and we provide better exchange rates than commercial banks. And of of course everything is fully compliant.
- speed: using our services means you’ll have your money faster
- cost: no up-front payment required
- compliance: we’re a licensed financial services provider and SARB approved foreign exchange intermediary
- expertise: our team includes certified international financial planners, lawyers, chartered accountants, tax specialists and bankers providing expertise in all areas of cross-border finance
- confidentiality: your information remains private and is protected by the strictest security measures
- convenience: we take care of the whole process, provide signature ready, completed documentation and all our services can be rendered remotely
- value: we provide highly competitive exchange rates
- efficiency: we boast a 100% success rate with over 13 000 clients in 80 different countries.
If you’re interested in cashkows.com services or need more information, simply leave your details, and we’ll call you!
- Residency: Normal place of residence of a natural person.
- Citizenship: The type of passport that an individual holds which allows them legal rights under a certain country, whether single, dual or multiple. Citizenship is acquired by birth, ancestry, or naturalisation.
- Emigration: Exiting your country of residence to reside in another country.
- Financial emigration: Becoming a financial non-resident of your previous country and a financial resident of a new country. This does not affect your citizenship.
- Life assured: The person insured on a policy.
- Policyholder/owner: The legal owner of the policy.
- Cession: A policy is ceded (signed over) for security or collateral purposes to a bank or legal entity.
- Cessionary: The new legal owner to whom the policy is signed over.
- Cancelled cession: Once a cession is cancelled the policy reverts back to the client who becomes the legal owner of the policy again.
- Change of ownership: Changing the legal owner of a unit trust investment.
Get a FREE assessment
Leave your details to get started
I recently had a great experience with CashKows and the transfer of my SA retirement annuities to Ireland. CashKows also offered to submit a closing tax return to SARS.Mike Louw